Skip to main content

Arc 1 Chapter 2: The Sound of Chains

――Justice wiped all the tears from his face once he saw his father save him and Wald. He had looked as if not even the scariest thing in the world would make him not happy.

Justice, don’t move.


Justice looked a little shocked as to why his father said that. 


O–Okay.


Philip kneels down to Justice, he then puts his palm close to where Justice had lost a chunk of his leg. Philip’s hand and Justice’s leg both start glowing white. Justice had begun to feel the pain slowly going away.


There. Now you should feel a little better.


Lord Wald, may I request that you don’t go running off like this again? Not only did you endanger yourself, but my son too.


I won’t, as long as you guys don’t talk trash about me!


Dad, do you know what that man was? I know that he definitely wasn’t human.


I’m just as confused as you are about what that man was.


Philip looks at what was left of the man.


All I know is that he wasn’t a human, nor an undead.


Philip had made this conclusion due to him knowing what the presence of a Human feels like. If he was an Undead, he wouldn’t have gone down that fast, despite being the strongest Knight, not even Philip can one-shot an Undead, due to their insane regenerative abilities.


What he was, doesn’t matter. All that matters to me, is that you both are safe.


The next day, Justice wakes up in his Bed.

His room is connected to his parents’ room, so when Justice would walk out of his room, he would usually see his parents sleeping. But today, he did not see them.


Hmm, they must’ve woken up early today.


After brushing his teeth, Justice goes to the Dining Room, but for some reason, none of the Knights were there.


The only people there were Mallow, Beatrice, Aqua, the other children of the knights, Emilia, Ram, Rem, and a man he’s never seen before, sitting where Wald used to sit.


Oh, He~~llo there, I beli~eve you are Mister Justice?


Yeah…


Justice looked a bit confused, as the unknown man sort of looked like a clown. 


He looked like a well-built man with long indigo hair with heterochromic eyes, the right one being blue and the left one being yellow. His eyelids are decorated with purple eyeshadow.


Ah~~ yes, I forgot to introdu~ce myself. I am Roswaal Mathers~. We’ve met when y~~ou were younger, but it do~~esn’t seem that you reme~~mber me.


I think I remember you now


He was lying. 


Do you guys know where my Parents are?


The 41st King had invited Wald and all of the Knights of this Domain to the Capital, about a secret matter. They have said that they’ll be back in about 3-4 days.


Emilia, the silver-haired half-elf answered Justice’s question. She shrugs


This place is going to get a lot quieter, and boring.


A~s I was the original owner of this Ma~nsion, Mister Wald asked me to “take care of it” for these next few da~~ys


Justice had gotten into his Bed, and tried to sleep, but he couldn’t. So he tried doing different positions, but he still couldn’t. Eventually, Justice had decided to go to Beatrice and ask for a spell to put him to sleep.

As Justice walks out of his Parents’ room, he gets an ominous vibe, like something bad is going to happen. He declares it as him just being afraid of the dark and still decides to find the Forbidden Library. 


He begins to hear the sound of chains moving across the ground, at that point, Justice had goosebumps and thought that he was hallucinating.


It seemed like the sound of Chains kept on getting closer, and closer, Justice was petrified. He stood in the same spot until he got blown away.


W…What was that?…


He felt blood dripping onto his face. Justice decided to look up, which made him see his own hand on one of the lights. He had no reaction at first but then appeared to have a mental breakdown.


The sound of chains started to come closer, and closer, and even closer. What happened next was a scene that looked like it came straight out of a horror movie.

Justice woke up screaming. 

My left arm... I still have it?


 He lets out a sigh of relief


Must’ve just been a nightmare.


Maybe mom and dad woke up early, I hate Déjà vu.


After brushing his teeth, Justice goes to the Dining Room, but for some reason, none of the Knights were there… again.


The same people were there, like in his ‘dream’ and in the same position too.


Oh, He~~llo there, I beli~eve you are Mister Justice?


Yeah, aren’t you Mister Roswaal?


Ah~~ Looks like you reme~mbered who I am!~


So, does anyone here know where my parents are?


The 41st King had invited Wald and all of the Knights of this Domain to the Capital, about a secret matter. They have said that they’ll be back in about 3-4 days. Most likely earlier.


Emilia shrugs exactly like she did, in Justice’s dream.


This place is going to get a lot quieter, and boring.


She said and did the exact same thing from my dream…


A~~s I was the original owner of this Ma~nsion, Mister Wald asked me to “take care of it” for these next few da~~ys


Was the dream I had sort of a vision? Wooow~ Maybe it’s because of the book Beatrice gave me!

I definitely have to thank her! Should I go now?… The chains… On second thought, I’ll thank her tomorrow.


He soon fell asleep, only to be woken up by the loud sound of chains, grinding across the floor. Justice became full of anxiety, he decided to jump out of his window, as it was very close to the ground. He did not know what was happening, but all he knew was that he did not want to experience the pain he did before.


He ran and ran, but the sound of Chains still sounded like it was gaining on him. Justice eventually tripped and tried to get up, but it seemed that his ankle was broken. While he was sitting there, with despair in his eyes, it seems as though a person was coming.


Was it someone that would save him? He thought that, until he saw the aforementioned person carrying a flail, that sounded like chains... When the person walked out of the shadows, it could be identifiable who they were. Said person was one of the twin maids, Rem.


R–Rem?!


Justice couldn’t believe it was her. Though whatever way you looked at it, it was Rem, she looked exactly like she usually does, except her eyes, which looked like the life was drained out of them. Rem swings her Flail at Justice.


『 Ul Fura 


The burst of wind knocks away her weapon. She looked unfazed.


Her head split into 4 parts, resembling tendrils, with blades at the end, similar to that man who attacked Justice and Wald. Justice not knowing what to do, just sits there, until she lunges her tendrils at him.


Killing him.


Justice wakes up, screaming louder than last time.


Mr. Justice! What happened?


The person who asked that was Rem. Being traumatized by her, he runs out of the room, and opens the doors of the mansion, until he finds the Forbidden Library.


You entered without even knocking? What a rude one you are!


Sorry... Just let me stay here for a little.


He had looked both frustrated and scared. Beatrice looks up at Justice but hesitates a little to say anything about his expression.


That’s quite a cowardly look on your face, I suppose. I still don’t know how or why Bubby likes you.


‘Bubby’ is Emilia’s contracted Spirit.


He is contracted to protect Emilia at all costs, no matter what happens. He likes Justice, however, Justice has no idea who he is. Though, he knows that Beatrice is infatuated with him.


Beatrice… I know it might sound like I’m asking for too much, but until today night, would keep me safe until then?


Hmph, I don’t know why you’re asking me.


I’ll tell Bubby about the way you kicked me out yesterday.


Beatrice lets out a sigh as if she was very annoyed, she walks over to Justice, who was sitting near the Library’s doors.


Hold out your hand.


Justice looked a bit confused. She sighs again. Beatrice grabs his hand and starts holding it, tight.


I shall grant your wish— I, Beatrice, on my honor, am henceforth bound by this contract. Temporary or not, a contract is a contract. I’ll grant your non-sense favor.


Justice had looked shocked, as using “Bubby” to blackmail Beatrice actually worked! 


Seriously? Thanks! I’m crying because of a little girl…


Don’t call me a little girl! And if you tell Bubby, you’ll regret it, I suppose! Hmph!


I don’t even know who ‘Bubby’ is, but okay!



A few hours later, Justice fell asleep in the Library.

“You can’t keep sleeping forever, I suppose.”


She kicks him awake.


It’s the designated time, yet you seem awfully unconcerned.


So you’re going to protect me here?Yawn


The Forbidden Library is the only place for me. You need to observe proper manners, I suppose.


I’m not sure what you mean by “proper manners”... So, hey, are you—


Beatrice throws a book that Justice somehow catches.


You’re annoying me with your questions! Just be quiet, I suppose.



Justice begins reading the book Beatrice threw at him. They both read, and read, and read, and read, until, Beatrice stands up and walks towards the doors.
What’s up?
I’m being called, I suppose.
She puts her book down and stands up. Beatrice raises her hand, and the Library looked as if it was breaking apart. 
H–Hey, hold on! If you go out there now...
Ah, that reminds me, I forgot to mention. Bubby is the one calling me.
I don’t care if you want to stay here. You’ll be safe here, I suppose.

She leaves the Library, and it stopped looking like it was breaking apart. Justice walks up to the door, he hesitantly opens the doors. When he opens his eyes, he saw Sunlight.


Did I, make it through the night?


  He kneels down and starts laughing.


And I thought it was so far away. It was that easy…


Justice hears a girl wailing.


B–Beatrice..? No, it couldn’t be, her voice is higher pitched…


He thinks for a second. 


Ram!


Justice runs towards where the wail was coming from. He found the room, the door was closed. He opens it and sees 9 people in the room. Mallow, Beatrice, Aqua, May, Bruce, Megumin [Children of the knights], Emilia, Roswaal, and… Ram crying with her head on the bed. On the Bed was a dead body.


 ——It was Rem’s.


Justice had looked very shocked.


W…Why is Rem dead?…


She di~ed of wea~~kness. As if she mer~ely fell asleep. The method see~med more like a Curse tha~n a Spe~ll.


De~ar child, ha~ve you a~ny idea what have occu~red? A~fter this ha~ppened to a girl I sa~ved a~while ago, I seem to be a bit a~ngry.


Justice looked really guilty but didn’t know what to say. He shakes his head. A small stream of wind comes and cuts his cheek.


Ow!


If you know something, spill it all!


She lets out a huge gale of Wind Magic at Justice. When Justice opens his eyes, he finds a small girl in front of him, casting a barrier like a spell.


I keep my promises. As long as he remains in the Mansion, I am contracted to protect him, I suppose.


Lady Beatrice…!


W–Woah, Ram, calm down! You can’t go around hurting him, who knows what Philip and Kristi might do to yo–


M~iss Mallow, always so obl~~ivious, ha~ve you not rea~lized that this child has committed a murder? Who kno~ws what his par~ents might do to h~im.


You can’t just go claiming he murdered someone, you have no proof that he murdered her. Justice isn’t someone who would murder a person, and hide it. Knowing him, he would spill it all out!


Megumin, one of the children of the Knights, looked very mad at Roswaal.


Roswaal, he spent last night in the Forbidden Library, I suppose. So he surely had nothing to do with——


That n~o longer has a~ny significance under the~~se circimsta~nces.——


8 glowing balls of light appear beside him, 4 on the left, 4 on the right. They were colored Red, Blue, Green, and Brown.


——I’m s~ure you are awa~re of that?


Purple stakes made out of crystals start appearing behind Beatrice.


You still lack finesse, as always, I suppose.


With just a little bit of ability and slightly more diligence than others; Blessed just a little on your heritage and instruction… You still think highly of yourself?


H~ow harsh. Sha~ll we find out the di~ffer~ence between someone like y~ou, who hides in y~our room, while fir~mly stuck in the p~ast. And, someone like m~~e, who consta~ntly pr~ogre~sses onward?


However, it see~ms you’re quit~e ta~~ken with hi~m, a~ren’t you? To pr~otect h~im wit~h your life.”


Save the jokes for your makeup and weird fetishes, I suppose.


None of that even matters! Get out of the way. Let me through. I must avenge Rem. If you know anything, tell me. Help me. Help Rem!


Her voice had cracked a lot while talking. She had tears all over her face.


Justice turns around, and runs away, from outside, the room had looked as if it exploded.



-=Chapter 2 End=-

Comments

Popular Posts

Arc 1 Chapter 1: Beginnings

“ It’s always been my dream to become a Knight! I think this became my dream because of both of my parents being Knights. But, in order for me to protect them, I need to learn how to use Magic, and learn how to fight, physically! ”  That was Justice.  He has messy, flaming red hair, a trait which he had gotten from his mother. He also had crystal blue eyes, a trait which he had gotten from his father.  He’s a bit skinny, but with proper training every day, he’ll be just as well-built as his father in no time! “ Hmm? Justice? Where are you? ” That voice came from Justice’s father, Philip.  Both men and women can agree on Philip being the most handsome man in the Lunin Kingdom.  Philip is a tall, light-skinned, handsome man with effulgent green hair and blue eyes.  Despite Philip being  in  his early 30s, most people  interpret  him to be in his early 20s. “ Philip. He’s right there. Behind that wriggling bush. ” “ Kristi, ho

Arc 1 Chapter 4: Vengeance

——“ Rem! ” “ Mr. Justice, we have to get you back to the mansion now. It seems that the man is slowly recovering and judging by the injury I have gotten, I will not be able to fight anymore. ” “ But won’t you die from that injury?.. ” “ Everything is okay. Like that man, I am also using my healing magic to recover, but I am not able to heal fast enough to be able to fight anymore. Right now, the most important thing to do is to get you back to the mansion safely. ” The man lunges a tendril at them. As the smoke clears, he realizes that he hit nothing but smoke. Meanwhile, in the forest that is connecting the Mansion to the village, Rem was running away, while carrying Justice, bridal style. “ You should slow down. I don’t see any signs of that Man. ” “ Can the both of you please stop referring me as “That Man”? My name is Gouto. ” Suddenly, Gouto appears in front of them. “ Well, Gouto, why are you attacking us? ” “ The both of you look human. My species look at Humans as food. I

Arc 1 Chapter 5: It’s Been a Long Time

――“ Gouto— ” Gouto breaks one of the windows and jumps into Justice’s room. “ Oh wow, you remembered my name! I’m proud of you! I’ll remember this while I’m eating you! ” He fires five tendrils at Justice. Justice is able to dodge three of the tendrils. The two tendrils that hit him, both hit his left and right arm. And started pulling him closer and closer to Gouto. Just as Gouto is about to bite Justice, a burst of wind comes flying from both of Justice’s hands. Both of them slice Gouto’s cheeks. It was a clean cut that made Gouto scream in pain. The tendrils let go of Justice, and Justice falls down. “ Agh ! I’ll make you pay for that, you brat! ” “ El Minya! ” Multiple purple stakes, that shined like icicles, started flying at Gouto. But he successfully blocks all of them with his tendrils. “ I should’ve figured. Someone like you would not have been defeated by weak a weak move like that, I suppose. ” T he person who was spitting this out was Beatr